"We are what we repeatedly do; Excellence is not an act, but a habit". Aristotle
The John Marshall Harlan High School Alumni Association, NFP, is dedicated and committed to instilling school spirit by:
- recognizing the accomplishments and achievements of the Harlan alumni;
- encouraging students to strive for excellence to secure Harlan's future place in the history of the community and city; and
- supporting student academic, athletic and social programs.
- To reclaim our youth by cultivating a nurturing and supportive environment.
- Renewing the connection between students and alums by supporting student development, enhancing academic preparation, and providing positive role models as leading examples of the result of an education at Harlan High School.
- Maintaining a mutual relationship that influences the student body, community, faculty and staff of Harlan High School.
Executive Board of Directors
The current Board of Directors were selected in December 2019 to serve and direct the JMHAA for calendar years 2020 - 2023.
Dr. Jamal R.A. RasheedClass of 1972
Dennis HillClass of 1975
Karl AveryClass of 1970
Theresa OliveClass of 1971
Desiree ShaneClass of 1984
Marketing and Picnic Chairperson
Brenda BedingfieldClass of 1968
Mike SowaClass of 1965
Roxanne RiddickClass of 1976
Kimberly GrandberryClass of 1984
Charletta MattoxClass of 1969
Teresa OliveClass of 1971
Judith Grand Pre SmithClass of 1969
Harold JenkinsClass of 1972
Sharon MasseyClass of 1965
Shirley BookerClass of 1975